Saturday, November 27, 2010

Completely out of the Blue... A forgotten Blog post.

If the truth will really set us free, how do we know
what is truth?

The only truth that I know is that distance between loved ones can be painful.  Life is short. And pain should be avoided.

And if beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then what is true beauty?

On a grand scale... Beauty would be world peace. Ending hunger, child abuse and animal abuse.


But, let's cut to the chase.  On a personal level true beauty would be time.
Time to stop rushing.
Time to stop wishing.
Time to spend with those we love and cherish.
Time to laugh and play together.
Time to watch our children grow.
Time to know.

I'm tired of running against the clock.

Sometimes you have to scale a mountain or two to hold the ones you love.  Maybe going the extra mile really is just adding fuel to the perpetual fire. But drastic times often do call for drastic measures.  So, when life gives you lemons you have a choice.  You can make lemonade, lemon drop martinis or lemon meringue pie.  It's up to you.

One thing I do know is that you can't get a raincheck.  The deck of life does not come with a do-over card.  This is it.  One shot, and don't forget your camera.

I am of the opinion, though, that a picture is not always worth a thousand words.  Pictures are great, don't get me wrong. They help us remember the good times.  Pictures give us something to hold on to when distance separates us from those that we miss.  But a picture cannot replace the bond.  Only time creates and holds that bond in place.

Yet every cloud has a silver lining, or so I've been told. And sometimes that cloud cries for what we've missed.  Or for time lost. If you've ever stepped outside the box and into the rain, you know that when it rains, it often pours. Sometimes it pours, HARD.  Maybe it would also be wise to remember to take an umbrella.

Where's the silver lining, you ask?  I'm still searching for it.  I often wonder why I never seem to find that silver lining. I've also  wondered why curiosity killed the cat, but that's another story.
In my consistently inconsistent rambling of idioms, I'm going to go out on a limb here and try to make a long story short. So, let's level the playing field and let the cat out of the proverbial bag.


Honestly, I believe I've hit the nail on the head, and surely you'll agree since great minds think alike.

I have come to the revelation that...

All you need is L❤VE. And the beauty of it is...
that's the truth.


** Written on October 26th, 2010 while waiting at the San Diego airport.**

No comments: